Plain-English editing and
helping you clarify your web and printed communications
- accreditation of your external documents with the Clear English Standard
- high-quality writing-skills courses for your staff
- distance-learning courses to improve every individual's writing skills
- accreditation of your website with the Clear English Standard (Winning Website) logo, and
- rapid, affordable editing of your internal and external documents.
We work for all kinds of organizations – government departments, financial services companies, registered social landlords, regulators, ombudsmen, local authorities, pension schemes, hospital trusts, utilities, telecom companies and international law firms. They like what we offer – a business-class service delivered by published authors and editors at a reasonable cost.
The company is personally managed by Martin Cutts, author of ‘Lucid Law’ and the ‘Oxford Guide to Plain English’.
You can sign up for Pikestaff, our occasional newsletter, free of charge through our ‘Publications’ page and download back issues there.
We support Clarity, the international body promoting plain legal language; and PLAIN (Plain Language Association INternational), a body of professionals who advocate clear public information.
Plain Language Commission is independent of the UK Government.
- Pikestaff 65 out now
- Plain language finally defined – but is this really the last word?
- Newsman bites back at fierce private-parking practices
- Sainsbury’s bans customer for colourful language
- Warnings called for as sugar debate gets spicy
- In/out EU referendum question: we help
- Govian grammar tests may stretch teachers too
- Local council snouts in parking trough
- Clear communicators will become a single profession, conference told
- Award for Martin Cutts at plain-language conference
- Cliché of the day: ‘Lessons have been learned’
- Plain English guide – new edition published
JottingsA fowl-up by any other name
- Tom Vernon: 1939–2013