Plain-English editing and
helping you clarify your web and printed communications
- accreditation of your external documents with the Clear English Standard
- high-quality writing-skills courses for your staff
- distance-learning courses to improve every individual's writing skills
- accreditation of your website with the Clear English Standard (Winning Website) logo, and
- rapid, affordable editing of your internal and external documents.
We work for all kinds of organizations – government departments, financial services companies, registered social landlords, regulators, ombudsmen, local authorities, pension schemes, hospital trusts, utilities, telecom companies and international law firms. They like what we offer – a business-class service delivered by published authors and editors at a reasonable cost.
The company is personally managed by Martin Cutts, author of ‘Lucid Law’ and the ‘Oxford Guide to Plain English’.
You can sign up for Pikestaff, our occasional newsletter, free of charge through our ‘Publications’ page and download back issues there.
We support Clarity, the international body promoting plain legal language; and PLAIN (Plain Language Association INternational), a body of professionals who advocate clear public information.
Plain Language Commission is independent of the UK Government.
- DVLA should stop selling drivers’ data to ParkingEye
- Plain English Campaign Ltd removes false guarantee claims
- Tax name confusion
- Government lawyers to investigate wording of target-setting parking-ticket contracts
- Crystal-marked leaflet at centre of NHS England fiasco
- Cliché corner
- Apostrophes in street names, again
- Tebbit and text messages stoke obesity debate
- Pikestaff 66 is out now
- No business writing when business writing is so bad
JottingsDumb and dumber in Dunbartonshire
- Lie back and think of English
- Verbless writing
- Run-on sentences, re-run